4/22/09

Hancocks Fabric

Richard suggested that since I arrived 2 days before the quilt show started that I might want to go to Hancock's Fabric before the rush....good advice!Have you been to Hancocks? It is warehouse size, but nicely organized and there are lots of nice salespeople to help find just what you need! This is just the front of the store. There is a huge back room with flat fold and sale items.I, of course found fabric I could not live without....some Dia del los Muertos and skulls and some Wizard of Oz too.




On Wednesday night I tagged along to a rehearsal of the band my brother plays with, Uninvited Guests. They practice at one of the band members homes, a farm not far outside of town. There was a gorgeous, huge crabapple tree there, which, happily survived the terrible winter ice storm that hit this area.

The band is as follows...Sherman on the guitar...that's him in the upper left in the photo below. Liz plays dobro and is in the lower left. Greg is the bass player, playing stand-up or bass guitar and the one hiding is Richard, my "little" brother.
Here is Liz with her Dobro....lap played instrument.
Richard plays lead guitar, fiddle and mandolin, writes songs and sings. He is a very talented guy if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment