4/26/09

Marion, KY-Amish Farms and Flowers

After the quilt show was over Richard drove me to Murray, KY, one hour to the south-east to spend some time with my Dad, Bill and his wife, Mattie. They had arranged to get the directions to Marion KY, the nearest Amish community and we had a field trip to the country. I so enjoyed the quiet spaces and beautiful vistas of green fields and native flowers. We drove for about 2 hours out east and followed some small windy roads and found Amish greenhouses, some gorgeous petunias, Amish cheese from Ohio, peach jam and picturesque laundry flapping in the breeze.
With permission I took photos of the buggy that is so indicative of the Amish lifestyle. Relected in the windshield, see the house on the hill and the beautiful green that was all around us. One of the gentlemen who ran a greenhouse on his farm, allowed me to traipse across his back lawn to put my camera into a peony, one of my all time favorite flowers...they say there is a peony that I could grow in OC, but not like these...
I am not sure what flower the bee has found, perhaps a rhododendron?

Give me a peony every time!








1 comment: