4/30/09

Vacation's Almost Over....

My little brother showed me a great time, introduced me to the intricacies of mandolin and fiddle shopping on Ebay, bought me some Japanese kimono fabric for a (very early) birthday present and took me to visit my nephew Eli and his new bride Rachel. Eli is wearing the CA vintage Hawaiian shirt his favorite Aunt (that would be me) brought him. I was meeting Rachel for the first time. We enjoyed sharing ice tea and chocolate and conversation about the communities we serve. Rachel works with kids who have behavioral challenges, caused by any number of difficulties that you have probably worried about. Eli does work similar to mine. He is planning some fun summer "camps" including a Star Wars Camp, one of his particular favorites!
Here is more family, my Dad and Mattie and, of course, Suzi. Mattie and Dad are both gardeners, as is my Mom, so I come by it honestly. You can see a corner of one of the front yard azaleas. I am always surprised, no matter how many times I notice, there are fewer fences in KY than in CA. Robert Frost and his "good fences make good neighbors" would not go far in KY....
Family visits HAVE to end with picture taking in the front yard.
Well, time to fly back to CA....other adventures ahead. My brother the ham....my suitcase is not THAT heavy, although I will admit to shipping a box of fabric home.... Travel to CA. Home to my own bed and my own kitties.


No comments:

Post a Comment