4/24/09

Fabric That Looks Like You?

Yes, I do think that this fabric looks like me....cheery and could be the curtains in my studio or the back ground for my next art quilt? You think? Found it at Hancock's.

While wandering around downtown, I happened upon this lovely flower....not one I recognize from CA. Is it a cousin to a hydranga? I am flower struck in spring.

Richard, my little brother, resident of Paduah for 30+ years, a great cook and a great eater, knows all of the best places to go! When he first moved to Paducah he had to cajole my mom into shipping him tortillas and refried beans, because there were NO Mexican restaurants or supplies at the Piggly Wiggly...I kid you not. Now, however, there are lots! Artisan Kitchen, while not south-of-the- border, does offer gourmet meals to go AND, now this is the best....excellent desserts including snickerdoodle cheese cake and others that sounded even more decadent! You must arrive before 6pm and you cannot take a slice out of a whole cheesecake, but there are usually 5 or 6 to choose from! Too good to miss.
That is one of the owners in the foreground...pointing out some specialities!
And if you should need some exercise, just wander through the downtown. Here is the facade of the Market House Theater. This building was originally the destination of farmers come to market, close to the Ohio river and side doors that opened to the drays full of produce. Now home to an excellent community theater, it is oftne the center of attention in the uptown area. See their web site at http://www.mhtplay.com/

Or stop in at Allen Music where all of the locals get their gig needs met...I bought a tee shirt and a polishing cloth for my ukulele....
























No comments:

Post a Comment