9/19/09

Down Home Antique Emporium Holds Fall Open House

Our favorite antique store in Old Towne Orange had a fall open house today! There were all things autumn...beautiful colored leaves, pumpkin pie and cookies, owls and things that go bump in the night! See some of the gorgeous pumpkins above. (I did not however see any hens in fall attire...dressed poultry...right!) I went with my friends Marva Hitchcock, and her daughters Amy and Janet and we ran into our friend Nancy Drew. Yes, that's right, Nancy Drew...no...not the teen sleuth, but a wonderful quilter and Orange resident.
Amy is pumpkin shopping! There were all sizes and shapes of pumpkins to be had, but the pumpkin farm address is a Halloween Secret! There were rats and bats and cats, oh my!
Is this a witch in disguise?
One of the antiquers did a wonderful job on this witch, and please note the for- real hornets nest and Lizzy Borden axes in the background...this is a VERY SCARY place!
Red wagons with pumpkins ready to be taken home and carved into jack-o-lanterns. I found my initial but opted to take home a Halloween Witch with a patchwork skirt instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment