7/2/09

A Yucca from Kansas?

Jim Stone, Mom's soul mate and my step father, grew up in Kansas. Mom and Jim often traveled in their motor home (a Happy Daze). On a trip back to Kansas, to Jim's family farm, they found and liberated this Yucca and brought it home to Spirit Wind. I am not at all sure that Yuccas are native to Kansas. There is a research opportunity there, but not today! However, the Yucca thrived in gold country soil and bloomed while I was visiting. Here is a close up....
Creamy beautiful flowers. Mom and I are gardeners and flower lovers...she taught me that too! We spend a good deal of our time tending roses, watering the azaleas and rhodedendrons and commenting on the beauty of roadside or other "found" flowers. Oh yes, and feeding the birds....several humming birds are in residence and empty the feeders regularly! My camera is not quick enough to catch the fascinating tiny hummers!

Another love of ours is cats! Imagine that! Meet Tangerine, the cat that was very stand-offish is now an indoor cat...mostly...and a good companion to Mom! Spirit Wind sunset, pale tonight, but still a beautiful view.



No comments:

Post a Comment