6/27/09

Fairies reported at Pitcher Park!

Pat Barrios, Fairy Godmother in charge, on the left, and Mayor Pro Tem Tita Smith on the right, visit with a local grandmother, name unknown, who came with her grand daughters to the Fairy Party at Pitcher Park. There were LOTS of moms, grandmothers, daughters and even the Fairy Queen, Jan Chomyn. This lovely party raised money for the Pitcher Park Foundation and scholarshops for the FFA students at Orange High School.
This fey fiddler played enchanting Irish folk music, and fairies danced around the maypole. The fiddler, a product of Orange County High School of the Arts was wonderful, but her preference is for classical music!



Both tiny and tall fairies danced around the MayPole! Peter Pan was present, although the Lost boys were of course...lost! TinkerBelle was a bit shy so we only heard her!
There were all sorts of interesting mythical creatures at the party. Take a look at this lovely fairy and her charming friend! There was a story teller, with little fairies sitting in the fairy circle we found under the ancient avocado tree, planted by Mr. and Mrs. Pitcher. I would not be surprised to learn that Mr. and Mrs. Pitcher were at the Fairy Party (at least in spirit), enjoying all of the fairies flitting about! Have you ever seen such wings?I too had a role to play at the Fairy Party. I shared fairy poetry! The knowledgeable librarians in the children's section at Orange Public Library found more selections than I could fit into my perfomance time. There was poetry about fairies going marketing, an entreprenurial fairy, fairy attire and of course fairies and moonlight. I am looking forward to doing this event next year! Oh, my wings? I tucked them into the straps of my overalls-----I am, of course, a garden fairy!

No comments:

Post a Comment